One thing has remained the same: our commitment
to your safety.
· Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again at your appointment
· We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed.
· We no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
How you can help:
• With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone. We are operating a system of a single patient in the practice at a time/or.
• The front door will be locked and you will not be able to gain entry until the previous patient has left.
• A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
• Payment should be made by card where possible
• Staff will not shake your hand
• If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone
• Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice.
• Please do not arrive without an appointment
Page updated 21st January 2021